These settings have been used successfully to post our videos to Youtube from DV source media.
Step 1: Open your file with a video editing tool like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, or Quicktime Pro.
- In iMovie, select Share > Export Using QuickTime
- In Finalcut Pro, select File > Export > Using Quicktime Conversion
- In QuickTime Pro, select File > Export > Export: Movie to QuickTime Movie
Step 2: Next, verify your settings by clicking Options
- Compression Type: H.264
- Frame Rate: 30 is preferred. 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 are also acceptable.
- Data Rate: Automatic
- Key Frames: Automatic
- Frame Reordering: Unchecked
- Format: AAC
- Click Show advanced settings and choose Constant Bit Rate as encoding strategy
- Size: Choose the original size of the video
- “Prepare for Internet Streaming”: Fast Start